Friday, August 2, 2013

Starbucks: Chicken BLT Salad Sandwich

I rarely eat food at Starbucks.  Once in a great while I might get one of their breakfast sandwiches (I'm particularly fond of the turkey bacon, cheese, and egg white on an English muffin), but I've definitely never had lunch there.

However, the other day I needed something very quick that I could eat in the lobby of CarX while I got my oil changed, so I picked up a Chicken BLT Salad sandwich.  It was on the way, and a deli sandwich sounded nice and light on that hot day.  I knew the sandwiches were prepackaged--normally a huge negative in my book--but was willing to try it this once.

It wasn't bad!  While it looked nothing like the Starbucks website's picture (shocker!), which featured large chunks of chicken, it was pretty tasty.  Everything was kind of smooshed together (in my picture, to the right, it almost looks more like tuna salad), but the flavors worked well together.  The chicken seemed to be all white meat, and was mixed with bacon, tiny bits of roasted tomato, and "scallion lemon pepper" mayo.  It was on a nice soft wheat bread that wasn't at all soggy thanks to a layer of bib lettuce on both sides.  My one complaint was that the bacon was a little limp and kind of fatty and --you know how bacon gets once it gets cold and is mixed with anything containing moisture (be it potato salad, chicken salad, etc.), and it loses its crispness and gets sort of gross and anemic looking?--yeah, it was that.  Most of the pieces were too small to bother me, but I got a couple larger pieces that were a little creepy.  Still, the flavors were there.

This wasn't the largest sandwich in the world, but combined with some fruit and veggies I had brought from home, it made a decent lunch.  I think it was around $5.95, a bit on the steep side (would it have killed them to include an apple or some potato chips or something?), but that's to be expected from Starbucks.  I don't see this becoming part of my regular rotation, but if the craving struck me for chicken salad, I might try it again.

Website:  Starbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment