Friday, August 23, 2013

Some Guys Pizza

After running a few errands in the area, Tim and I decided to stop at Some Guys Pizza for dinner one weeknight.  It tops his "favorite pizza places in Indy" list; for me, it's pretty good but not my favorite.  For this type of crackery crust/focus on toppings pizza, I'd pick Jockamo's first, followed by Puccini's.  But it is pretty good.

I was having a very unhealthy craving for something with alfredo sauce, and almost selected one of Some Guys's pasta options before my eye landed on a "parmesean cream" pizza sauce option.  I decided to make my own pizza with that sauce, chicken, and mushrooms ($4.90 for a small, plus $1.10 for the mushrooms and $1.30 for the chicken).  It was delicious!  The sauce was pretty flavorful--garlicky and creamy and cheesy--and the mushrooms went really well with it.  The chicken was also good--it seemed to be at least half of a hearty chicken breast which had been grilled.  The chunks were quite large (I thought a touch too large--would have liked to have seen them diced or cut more thinly and distributed into every bite), but it was tasty.  Tim also really liked this combo.  I will definitely be getting this combination again!

Tim got one of the Wood Oven pizza selections--the "House Pepperoni."  Those pizzas only come in a 10" size ($11.75).  It had pepperoni, of course, plus ricotta and basil.  I always love a pizza with ricotta on it, and this was no exception.  The pepperoni was spicy and fairly thickly cut, and the ricotta provided some richness.  I didn't personally think that the Wood Oven crust tasted any different at all from the regular crust.  But, what do I know?

All in all, it was a solid pizza experience. 

Website:  Some Guys Pizza


No comments:

Post a Comment