Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sakura: Photo Update

One of my first posts on this blog was for Sakura.  Last week we took the kids there again, and had another great experience.  It remains my favorite sushi place in town, for sure.

We ordered pretty much the same thing as always, and I've already given my review for those items here.  However, I didn't post pictures back then.  So I'll do that now!

These are the super awesome gyoza.  They come five to an order--we managed to devour three before I remembered to pull out the camera.  They're nicely golden on one side and so yummy, with a great green oniony-pork flavor.  But that dipping sauce is the star.  The chili oil floating on top is what makes it so addictive.
This picture is HALF of the chicken cutlet order our boys shared.  Our waitress was particularly great this time and loved the boys.  She was impressed that they like miso soup, and when we mentioned that they especially love the tofu, she made sure there was a ton of extra tofu in their bowls!  She also brought the cutlets out already divided onto two separate plates (as seen above), a really, really nice touch (they've never done that for us before).  They halved the rice and the veggies, too. 
And, of course, four of Tim's and my favorite rolls are above.  Starting at the top, Bob's roll has asparagus tempura and smoked salmon.  At 3 o'clock is my absolute favorite, Florida Mix roll (tuna, salmon, crispies, roe, etc.).  At the bottom is the New York roll--shrimp, avocado, spicy sauce.  And to the left is the Texas roll with its jalapeno masago.  Mmmmm.  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment