Friday, May 17, 2013

La Hacienda

La Hacienda has a couple of locations in Indy.  I really enjoy going to the one on Binford, which is a bit bigger and has a great deck, when the weather's  nice.  Tim and his coworkers have a particular fondness for it, especially the margaritas, and I must say I've grown fond of it (them?) myself.

Closer to our home, in Ft. Harrison, is another, smaller location.  It's in an old train depot (so cute) and has its own little patio to the side.  It was there that Tim and I sat on a recent early spring evening.

To the left is one of the said margaritas.  We usually go with the Texas margaritas, traditional lime flavor over ice (not frozen).  The batch Tim and I shared that day (small pitcher $11.50) was extra tasty--not too cloyingly sweet (it tasted of oranges and limes, very fresh, not like the margaritas you sometimes get made with  neon-green bottled mix).

Nachos are one of my favorite foods--classy?  Maybe not, but delicious for sure.  This time I opted to try the pork nachos.  I had had a burrito made with their pork before, and the nachos utilized the same pork.  It's slow-cooked in beer, so it's fall-apart tender and has wonderful flavor.  My only complaint was that I prefer white cheese sauce (you know the stuff) over shredded and melted cheese, and sadly I got the latter.  The pork was pretty salty, so the heaviness of all that shredded cheese took it over the salty ledge.  Oh well.  It was still great.  Side note:  The pictured order is a half-order of their nachos ($4.35).  It was plenty for me.

Website:  La Hacienda

No comments:

Post a Comment