Sunday, January 12, 2014

Puccini's Smiling Teeth

Quick one, here... Puccini's Smiling Teeth is a staple for my family.  We go quite a bit--it's very family friendly.  It's also centrally located for a lot of my friends, so I tend to meet people there quite often.  On this occasion, I met up with some of my high school girlfriends for a little reunion.

I still managed to order what I normally get when I go with Tim, though.  I may be uncreative, but I know what I like.  I ordered a medium pizza with meatballs and gorgonzola ($8.95 plus $1.10 per topping), which should come as a surprise to none of you.  Puccini's has great pizza--the crust is chewy and a bit sweet--not crackery like Bazbeaux and Jockamo's--and the tomato sauce is chunky and fresh.  The meatballs are smaller than Jockamo's, which make them a bit easier to eat, but there's still plenty of gorgonzola to add a sharp tang.  It is delicious, and just looking at the picture is making me wish I had some right now, despite the bad lighting in the photo.

I did start this meal with a dinner salad ("mega abundant" $3.95, although on this occasion I found out you can also get a lunch size salad for $3.25), but didn't take a picture.  The dinner salad consists of a bed of romaine that is topped by tomatoes, green peppers, red onions, black olives, and mozzarella cheese.  My favorite dressing is the Buttermilk Herb, which is their ranch.  It's housemade and very garlicky and just generally awesome. 

There are a number of Puccini's locations throughout the city.  Their calzones are also excellent, and their pasta's pretty good as well.  It's a great place to go with the whole family!

Website:  Puccini's Smiling Teeth


No comments:

Post a Comment