Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Twenty Tap - Revisit

Just a quick post since this is a re-visit.  We hit Twenty Tap last Friday night to celebrate "Tim's Birthday, Friend Edition."  Since we both got different sandwiches from last time, I thought I'd mention them here.

I got the Pressed Cuban sandwich, which includes ham, pulled pork, swiss, mustard, mayo, and pickles ($9).  I'd had it once before, and while I remember enjoying it, it was even better than I had remembered.  The pickles are house-made and have an extra special oomph, and the dijon mustard/mayo combo adds a nice creamy-tangy element that totally makes the sandwich. I didn't read the menu carefully, but my friend did, so she was able to order hers "spicy"--they add sriracha and sub pepperjack for the swiss.  YUM. 
 
My side was the mixed green salad (more fennel present this time than last) and, yes, I also ordered the pimento mac and cheese.   

 Tim got the Pressed Brisket sandwich:  House smoked Fischer Farm's Brisket, peppadew, arugula, onion, cheddar, and anchovy butter ($9).  I had a small bite and enjoyed the meaty but tender brisket.  Tim raved about it, so I think it was definitely a hit for him.  Looking at the picture, it sure doesn't look "pressed," though.  Hmmm.  Didn't notice that before.  He got fries as his side this time, and they were fresh and crispy and sprinkled with parsley and other yummy seasonings.  I may have stolen one or two.

My one complaint that night was about the service.  We sat at the bar, and had to flag the bartenders down every time we wanted something.  We were there early, so it wasn't overly busy, and there were two of them there.  But never once did we have a bartender say, "Can I get you another?"  Strange.

Website:  Twenty Tap

No comments:

Post a Comment