Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sahm's Place

Back during Chow Down Midtown, Tim and I took the kids to Sahm's Place for brunch.  We initially went with the intention of getting the Chow Down breakfast specials, but opted for regular menu items once we got there because they sounded pretty good, too.

I started with coffee, and it was pretty typical coffee.  There is no price on the website and I have no idea what it cost--it's safe to say that it was probably in the $2 range, though.  Of note is the fact that our server was excellent.  She kept my cup topped off without me having to ever flag her down, which is always appreciated.

For my meal, I got the Eggs Benedict (One Egg version; also available in a Two Egg version--$6.99 for the one egg).  The Benedict itself was pretty good, although not as memorable or as well-balanced as Tulip Noir's.  The hollandaise just wasn't as tangy or flavorful, the ham not as plentiful or impactful.  Still, it was good, and the egg was properly runny.

The dish came with a side of fruit (nice and fresh!), and a choice of hashbrowns or cornbread casserole; I chose the casserole, and it was a bit sweet, a bit savory, and all around pretty satisfying.  There was a huge amount--it's very filling, and I couldn't finish it.

Can't remember what Tim got, but I *think* it was the Biscuits and Gravy ($5.49).  Whatever he got, he enjoyed, I know that!  The kids got the Kids Scramble and the Kids Omelet ($2.99 and $3.99, respectively).  They enjoyed them, and I thought they were reasonably priced.

Tim and I had been to Sahm's one other time, for dinner, and enjoyed it.  For some reason, we just never got back over there before this brunch.  But, now we live much closer, and I can see us going back occasionally.  It's a nice casual spot, family friendly, with good food.  Thumbs up.

Website:  Sahm's Place

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if you've tried them, but the carrot curls are my favorite thing! Not sure what nutritional value remains in them, but they are a unique taste, for sure!

    ReplyDelete