Friday, October 25, 2013

Jockamo Pizza: Revisit

 Last week, Tim and I met some friends for a weeknight dinner.  We all love Jockamo's, so we opted to meet there.  I decided to write another review, since my last review wasn't completely representative of how great Jockamo's can be.

Tim and I decided that we'd try a new (to us, at least) appetizer.  The artichoke spinach cheesebread ($5.25) was kind of like eating spinach artichoke dip baked onto Italian bread.  And it was delicious.  It was definitely more vibrantly green than any spinach artichoke dip I've ever had--they must have blended the spinach up into the mixture--but the color contrasted nicely with the diced tomatoes on top.  Everyone at the table really seemed to enjoy it, and I know I did.  I'd definitely order it again.  (Side note--for the best artichoke dip money can buy, try The Ball & Biscuit's--there are no words to describe how wonderously delicious it is!) 

Our friends ordered breadsticks to share--an order of 10 sticks was $9.75 and came with three sauces.  The sticks are the pillowy kind--not sure whether they're housemade (in a place like Jockamo's, I would think so)--and were very good with the creamy parmesan sauce our friends ordered.

 Tim and I split a large meatball, mushroom, and gorgonzola pizza ($12.25 for a large cheese, plus $1.65 for the mushrooms and $2.75 each for the meatballs and gorgonzola).  This is our go-to build-your-own pizza (sometimes we interchange the cheese for goat cheese, but the gorgonzola hit the spot this time).  Our pizza was incredibly good--cheesy of its own accord, plus the tangy sharpness of the blue cheese (there was plenty of it!), and the meaty spice of the meatballs.  The mushrooms got a little lost with so many other strong flavors (plus they were more scarce than the other toppings), but when I did get a bite with one it gave a little tinge of earthy mushroominess.  We had quite a bit of pizza leftover, but Jockamo's reheats really well, so Tim enjoyed those for dinner later in the week.  Overall, a really successful trip to one of our favorite pizza joints in town!

Website:  Jockamo Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment